Roseville Family Lawyers Protect the Rights of California Clients
Sacramento area firm advises divorcing spouses on custody and alimony issues
Concerns that require the assistance of a family law attorney are personal, and you might be tempted to seek solutions on your own. Unfortunately, whether you’re going through a divorce, having problems obtaining child support or considering filing for a domestic violence protective order, failing to take the necessary steps can lead to long-term harm. At Patrick Law Corp in Roseville, our Northern California attorneys understand how complex and emotional family legal matters can be and provide effective, personalized legal counsel based on detailed knowledge of the relevant laws and local courts. Having a strong advocate who is sensitive to your particular situation and needs will help you make important decisions with confidence.
Skillful family law attorneys handle separation and child support proceedings
Throughout Sacramento, Placer, Yolo and Nevada counties, as well as the surrounding areas, our attorneys handle all types of family law challenges, including those pertaining to:
- Divorce — Ending a marriage is not pleasant, but when you’re aware of your rights and legal options, you can protect your interests during the divorce process. We offer comprehensive support on issues relating to property division, parenting and alimony so that clients can start a new chapter in their lives on a positive note.
- Child custody — Orders relating to child custody and visitation are supposed to serve the best interests of the young people involved. It’s always best for parents to put other differences aside and find consensus on legal authority and time-sharing, but serious conflicts do arise. By taking the time to learn about the needs of children and parents, our firm negotiates arrangements that establish clear rules and promote a supportive environment.
- Spousal support — Disputes over spousal support can be highly contested if one spouse earned all or most of the household income. When working for parties seeking alimony as well as those being asked to provide it, we provide thorough counsel on the relevant legal standards and press for a favorable result through negotiation, mediation or litigation.
- Legal separation — For some couples who no longer wish to live together but are not ready to divorce, separation offers a useful middle ground. We assist clients with the documentation required to change their legal status and represent them in matters concerning ground rules for parenting and financial matters during the separation period.
- Child support — Parents who break up are not relieved of their legal and moral responsibility to provide for their children. In situations involving child support, our firm counsels parents on the information used to calculate payment amounts under California law and also works to resolve special concerns that might not be covered by the formula.
Don’t wait to learn about your legal rights and options. Our Sacramento area lawyers give each client personalized advice that fits their values and case objectives.
Contact a knowledgeable California family law attorney to set up a free consultation
Patrick Law Corp advises clients throughout the Sacramento Valley on all types of family law concerns, including divorces and parenting disputes. Please call 916-226-6062 or contact us online for a free initial consultation at our Roseville office.