Northern California Accident Attorneys Fight Hard for Motorcycle Accident Victims
Roseville firm provides aggressive representation for bikers with serious injuries
Taking your motorcycle through the Sacramento Valley or somewhere else in Northern California can be a beautiful, thrilling experience. Unfortunately, riding a motorcycle has inherent risks, not the least of which is sharing the road with inattentive drivers. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle crash due to someone else’s negligence, Patrick Law Corp in Roseville is ready to help. We provide compassionate counsel and aggressive representation to help you recover the full compensation you deserve.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents
There are several major causes of motorcycle accidents, including:
- Negligence of car and truck drivers — About two-thirds of collisions between cars and bikes happen because the car violated the motorcycle’s right of way. Passenger car drivers often claim they never saw the bike before it was too late.
- Equipment failure — About 3 percent of motorcycle accidents occur because of a vehicle part failure, such as a blown tire. If that occurrence can be traced to a manufacturer’s defect, the manufacturer can be held liable for injuries that result.
- Weather — Slick surfaces make the bike harder to handle, especially at higher speeds. Low visibility due to fog can compromise a vehicle operator’s ability to see a motorcycle. Governments and motorists who fail to take proper measures to deal with weather might be liable for damages.
- Road conditions — Potholes, ruts and metal plates are dangerous hazards for motorcycles.
Our injury lawyers thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your accident to identify at-fault parties to hold accountable for your losses.
Dedicated Sacramento-area litigators assist bikers with all types of injury claims
Because the rider is fully exposed, motorcycle accident injuries tend to be more severe than injuries from other types of vehicle accidents. Riders can suffer painful, debilitating and catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Bone fractures
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
- Skin lacerations and road rash
Protective equipment, such as leather or Kevlar jackets with body armor, leather pants, boots and gloves provide limited protection from moderate-speed spills. However, the most important piece of equipment is your helmet. Wearing a Caltrans-approved helmet can greatly improve your chances of surviving a crash. Even a low-speed collision that causes a secondary impact on a road’s hard surface can produce a fatal head injury, if the rider isn’t wearing a proper helmet.
California has a universal helmet law, requiring all riders and passengers to wear a helmet that meets Caltrans standards. If you are not wearing a helmet, you not only increase your chances of a serious or fatal head injury, but you also limit your ability to recover compensation for such an injury.
Contact a Roseville personal injury lawyer for a free motorcycle accident consultation
Patrick Law Corp in Roseville provides aggressive personal injury representation for Californians hurt in motorcycle accidents. To schedule a free initial consultation with a dedicated attorney, please call 916-226-6062 or contact us online. Our office is conveniently located off I-80, but we can come to your home or hospital room if necessary.